Thursday, September 14, 2006

quickbooks

I need help. I realize I need to make a journal entry, however having troubles deciding what the best route is...Here is the deal. In April, instead of deducting my 401K money from my check, I added and credited myself with the money. (NOT GOOD!) Now, I did not do this on purpose mind you and I need help getting this corrected! Does anyone know much about quickbooks? Since the money is coming from payroll and there are taxes involved, it isn't easy for me to understand how or what I need to do to get the error fixed. What has happened is I owe $150 to this account because it has deducted the payment from another employees contribution! ACK! I have been messing with this for way to long and need to get this corrected. I would ask the accountant but she moved to California and we don't communicate well long distance so I want to leave her out of it! Anyone have any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mother in law knows all this stuff, she is in Fort wayne. Do you want to call her, or e mail her? She knows everything when it comes to finances, having made a career out of it.