Friday, September 15, 2006

Bad Night

It sucks to be sick. I was up all night, well almost all night. I slept, I would guess, an hour maybe 2 at the most. At one point I thought I would have to wake up my household to take me to ER or even call 911. I couldn't breathe and I was wheezing trying to get a breath. That is the worst feeling one could ever experience I think. So I went downstairs and sat on the couch. I ended up falling asleep on the couch sitting up and when I woke up I was clutching the remote control extremely hard. I haven't ever sleep sitting up for any extended time and my lower back hurt. I remember watching a TV show on national geographic called Taboo. The first show was about the Chinese people who go to major extremes to grow. (This is happening in today's society.) They saw their bones in their legs in half and then place these awful, metal, torture looking things on their legs and what happens is the bones start regrowing between the 2 bones and if I remember right, you keep turning the screws to have the bones grow more. One girl had 4 inches added to her height. After over a year, you have the metal rods removed, which have been screwed into your bones. The other show was about female body builders. Everyone looked like men because they all took hormone shots. No thank you I say to both of these. Very interesting show though. I would watch the show again however I hope it is never under the same circumstances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I am up in the middle of the night I used to watch TV and end up watching infomercials and desiring their products. I'd dream about them, look for them on the interniet, and just long for them in general. Now I have a no TV rule and I am on the internet instead. I bought a Magic Bullet blender from TV and a Thunderstick, which is a hand mixer wand thing. We use it to make milk shakes. The Magic Bullet? been here two years or so now, and never used! But, man, I had plans for fruity drinks and alfredo sauces!

Anonymous said...

I am just sitting here and waiting. I thought nate and Oprah would be here by now. maybe they know the number of permanent (read "artificial")plants that I have so it's just taking longer than usual. You did tell them all about my desperate sitation, didn't you?