Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dinner Doritos Duartes


Everyone knows I ate dinner at the Duarte's on Saturday night. The big, million dollar question would be, "What did you eat?" Well, it was quite a night! We both coudn't decide if we wanted to eat in or eat out. I didn't care either way so we decided to eat in and start the movie a little earlier. So we had sandwiches. Now this isn't your every day sandwich. This was Laurie Duarte Doritos sandwich!! She showed me how she makes it and I will share the receipe with you right now.

1. Get 2 pieces of bread (sounds normal)
2. Spread mayo (still normal)
3. Add meat (I choose turkey)
4. Add cheese (if desired)
5. Add lettuce (if desired)
6. Grap as many doritos your hand will hold and mash them palms down into your sandwich. (yes you read correctly)
7. Repeat number 6
8. Repeat number 6
9. Yes, repeat number 6 (AGAIN!)
10. Place bread on top of doritos.

It is important to mash them prior to placing the bread on top, I was instructed, otherwise the doriots would poke out of the bread. (this isn't a good thing)

Also, if the doritos fall out of the sandwich, just poke them back in!

I have attached a picture of Laurie's sandwich. I hope each of you will try this at one time or another. I should have put a little more mayo on mine, otherwise it was pretty darn good sandwich!

If you have receipes you would like to share with my readers, please feel free to do so....LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!
THE BEST SANDWICH YOU WILL EVER HAVE...PICTURE IS PERFECT.....

I HAD A FANTABULOUS TIME WITH YOU AND MY KIDS CAN'T WAIT TIL YOU COMEBACK...

BTW MARISSA IS REALLY EXPECTING YOU TO MAKE HATS AND SWORDS SO WE CAN PRETEND WE ARE IN THE MOVIE....

CAN'T WAIT TIL MOVIE NIGHT PART 2

Anonymous said...

OMG! When I was a kid I used to put potato chips on my sandwiches. Mmmmmm. But then, full fat chips are so good, who needs the sandwich? The bread helps to held in the crumbs maybe?