Thursday, August 31, 2006

Is this brain surgery?

I forgot that I had ordered something (rubber stamp set for $2.00) a while back from Ebay. I started checking to see why I had not received it. I made contact with the person who shipped it and she had a confirmation that it was delivered.

The more I looked into the issue, the angrier I got at the carrier who delivered the package. The carrier called me several times and said, “The carrier remembers she delivered the package.” (How can one remember one particular package is beyond me...but read on...)

I was like "What do I do? Do I file a claim or what because I don’t have it.”

”Well, you will need to go and ask everyone in your building if they got the package. Maybe someone else has the package.”

My next question was, “What do I do after I ask everyone in my building” (Mind you a work in a military building with hundreds of people). The delivery person was shocked that I even asked that. “You will need to check with them first.”

“OKAY, I will run up and down 3 flights of stairs, and 3 separate sections of this large building and go into each office after office asking each military man if they got my rubber stamps in error.” The carrier was okay with that sentence.

A few hours later I got another call from the delivery carrier. “Did you find your package because the carrier remembers she put the package in the building owner’s box?” I was like, “It didn’t have their name on the package, why would she have done that?” “Well if it didn’t have your suite on it, then it would not have been delivered properly, there are hundreds of people there."

I said, "Well according to the delivery notification on the web, the suite number was used!”

Frustrated I said, “OH WELL NEVERMIND!!! I will go and ask the building owner if he has my rubber stamps.”

“Okay, that sounds good.” Was the carriers reply.

I said, “What happens if he doesn’t have them?” Again, I could hear very little from the lack of brain from the other end of the phone. I stated, “What would the next step be?” They were dumbfounded.

“Well, we will call you back tomorrow.”

I said, “Okay, the next step is I will ask the owners if they have my rubber stamp set, and then you will call me tomorrow to see if I have recovered the missing package…that is the next step in this process?”

“Yes" they said.

So I called the maintenance man and asked him if the owner of the building receive a package with my name on it? “Hum, let me go up and look in the box…” (Which he physically did anyway...)

“No, it would have been a few weeks back…..it was for me and it had my name on it. It was rubber stamps, which I purchased from Ebay and the delivery person states they delivered it here to this building”

Maintenance man: “Oh, yes, he did receive a package, which he didn’t know what to do with…. It had rubber stamps in it and when he opened it, he said, I wonder why someone sent me rubber stamps.”

I had to laugh out loud! Did he NOT READ on the package that it had MY NAME on it? This man KNOWS ME PERSONALLY! So nice maintenance man said he would look in owner’s office to see if rubber stamps were there. If not, perhaps owner took my rubber stamps home….If he can’t find them, I am sure he will just write me out a check to repurchase them...But COME ON PEOPLE...this isn't brain surgery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will never see thise stamps, I think. Like the owner of some huge building has your stamps? He went out and bought some ink just so he could play with them! What comes after "I wonder why someone would send me rubber stamps?" He dropped them in the trash after that!

Also, I cannot in good conscience put my name on this. Thinking of the Itchy and Scratchy show reminds me of a joke. "Why isn't the cartoon Speeedy Gonzalez on TV anymore?" "Because everyone knows there is no such thing as a fast Mexican."

I am embarrased for my own insensitivitiy. Please don't hate me, I didn't make the joke up, I just have the poor judgement to repeat it.

Anonymous said...

I got the coolest card in the mail today. I LOVE everything about it and would love to have all the supplies to copy it and make about 100 of them. It was so perfect! Thank you.