Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First Thing This Morning

I have already ranted to a few of my friends but that wasn’t enough so I decided to put it up and out to the world. Anytime something was faxed in, which did not belong to my company, the owner would handwrite a message and fax the notice back. He asked me to do the same. After having to write the same thing over and over, I typed up the following:

Please process this request via the (Corporate America) letter dated June 22, 2006.

Thanks for the many years of support. Attached is a copy of all the other product lines represented by (My company’s name goes here.)

If there is any product line listed, which we can help grow your business, please do not hesitate to let us know. (My company’s Name) would welcome the opportunity.

Continued success in the future!

His Name
My Name

He and I have been sending the above out every day, for almost 2 months, numerous times a day. Today, I came in and found on my desk changes he made to the letter. His changes read:

Please process this request via the (Corporate America) letter dated June 22, 2006.

Thanks for the many years of support. Attached is a copy of other product lines represented by (My company’s name goes here.)

If there is a product line listed, which we can help grow your business, please contact us. (My company’s Name) welcomes the opportunity.

Continued success in the future!

His Name
My Name

Should he not be concentrating on getting new business and not changing words on a note? It isn't like the words were misspelled or anything. He just made the changes because he wanted to change them. Yes, they do sound better but does it not really matter? Does he not have enough to do? Should I give him work? This is the type of shit he does, which waste his time and cost this company money. It really pisses me off. What would you do if you worked at a company who is struggling to keep the doors open, you have taken a pay cut and yet still, the owner doesn’t see the big picture? Don’t say jump ship….I want to know if you would say something about him being a freak or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott's business partner is an anal retentive a**. He came to my house a while back, stopping on the way in to pick up a small piece of something on the floor, handing it to me. He then pointed out the slight stain on my table left that day by a child's art project. When we talked to him about his ability to let go, and his great ability to nit pick, he just doesn't see it at all, despite the fact we pointed this incdent out to him that night. He just doesn't see the problem. I have washed my hand sof him. But, you cannot wash your hands of this man. So, if you cannot change his ways, you have to just count it up to the way he is and let it go. If you don't let it go, it will consume you alive.