Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Java


This morning I wanted coffee from Java Junction. I talked myself into and out and back into getting some. This coffee house isn’t Starbucks. It isn’t your momma’s coffee either. It is gourmet coffee and the taste is amazing. Most importantly to my current financial situation, however, it is expensive. I counted back how many days I had actually not given myself a treat, not went shopping, not eating out and how well I was doing counting my pennies. Back and forth I swayed my thoughts. I could go buy coffee at the local gas station and save a dollar. Hum, that just didn’t sound good and the gourmet coffee it is just a dollar more. (Well almost $2) I could go buy a gallon of tea and drink it all week for the cost I would be spending on the one cup of coffee. I, however, wanted something warm. I then turned my heat on in my car thinking this would diminish my craving. No, the craving was still there and would not go away. I will just go buy the coffee house and if there is a line, I will not stop. I don’t want to be late for work. I could just drive by and smell the aroma. As I turn to look, darn it! There wasn’t a single car in the drive up window.

I began to get excited. I am going to get myself a delicious cup of coffee. I am going to splurge and get one. Oh, all the choices, what will I choose? As I look at the menu board I get very excited. Should I get the white chocolate coffee or maybe the chocolate mocha with the gourmet syrup? I decided on the white chocolate coffee and smile to the man. “Would you like some food to go with your purchase?” “No, no thank you” I say, “just the coffee this morning” as I pull away I am smiling. As I took my first, second, third drink I grinned even bigger. AHH, this is good and what felt even better then spending the $4.32 was that I felt good about the purchase. It was a satisfying treat, which I enjoyed more today than I would have if I hadn’t been pinching my pennies.

No comments: