Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Employee Warning Report

I am so tired. Yesterday and today I am just so exhausted. I am wondering if me being tired has something to do with not having any multi-vitamins to take. I ran out last week. I am really working hard on not spending any money right now due to my job uncertainty; however I am thinking I am going to have to go spend money to get some vitamins. I believe I nodded off at work yesterday. If I find myself doing this type of behavior I will have no choice but to write myself up on an employee warning report. I can think of several reasons:

1. Early quit – Deciding to stop working and sleeping is quitting early even if I am physically in the office.

2. Substandard Work Quality – I don’t work while sleeping very well so the quality of my work would greatly decrease.

3. Carelessness – Not being able to answer customer’s questions because I am sleeping on my desk would cause me to be careless with time.

4. Violation of Company Policies or Procedures – Although I didn’t see anything in the policy and procedure manual, which stated exactly “You must not sleep on the job”, I do believe it would be a violation because I wouldn’t be working.

5. Unfit for Duty – Have you ever been woken up and not known where you were? What if I was having a dream and picked up the phone where my dream left off? Let’s say a UFO had just beamed me up to their space ship and I screamed “Leave me alone or what have I done to deserve this?” while picking up the phone.

6. Working on Personal Matters/Conflict of Interest – I wouldn’t be working since I would be sleeping, however sleeping while on the clock would definitely be a conflict of interest.

4 comments:

Nana said...

Where I worked, after we got a warning the next step was balance of shift off. After progressing higher in the disipline ladder we would eventually go to 30 days off then could be fired. I worked in a union shop so the disipline was more laxed. It seems to me that you are available to some time off with 6 violations.

P. S. If you need some representation just call your mother and I will see to it she doesn't give you any guidance so you can receive the time off.

Anonymous said...

You could form a union, you know. Vote amongst yourself as to whether or not you want one. Whether or not you implement a fee for joining the union is up to yourself. Maybe $1.00-$5.00 per paycheck could go into the petty cash fund, and when you have enough money, you could buy yourself a cool drink.

Think of all the time you spend at home thinking about work. That makes you a better employee, all those thoughts about things to do and how to do them better, that is work creeping into your personal time. Not fair at all! You should get two 15 minute breaks per day. So, I say, nap for an hour or so each day at work, it is time you already spend thinking about work and not taking breaks. In fact, if you would unionize, that hour nap time might even be mandated. have a conversation with yourself and see what the consensus is.

Nana said...

I am an ex-union employee and I definately agree with Judy. If it would make you feel better & you still have the time clock, clock out right before your head hits the keyboard!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH, YOU NEED A VACATION....