Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Making it more difficult than it needs to be

My job isn’t what it used to be. I am not saying it isn’t easier or harder, just different. Well, much easier since I don’t have to take complaints every day. Much easier because the phone doesn’t ring all day along and much easier because I don’t have to dish out employee warning reports or baby-sit; however it is much harder because I am the one who has to knock on doors for sales. That is the tough part for me. I am in a training class for sales and it helps a great deal, however I still fumble and fall and I don’t like it one bit.

I wonder if sales are easier for some than others or if everyone has the same troubles as I have. I am learning more each day how to work the system but the rejection is something, which is the hardest part. I am sure rejection is tough for anyone, no matter if you are in sales or not. If I could just stick to the program I am learning, I know it could work. I just have to forget the fear of picking up the phone and do what I am learning. Yet still, I worry and fret and don’t do it as often as I need to. I need to get over myself, my fears, and my negative thoughts and believe the people I am calling aren’t rejecting me personally. Writing this now, makes me want to pick up the phone and call as I have been taught and I think this is what I am going to do. Right now….I am going to hope for the best and grab a firm hold on the thought process of winning the big prize. Wish me luck.

No comments: