Friday, August 25, 2006

Taxes Suck

I got a notice from the state saying I missed filing taxes for the dept of work force development. I was like…how could I have done that? Called them and they said they send out the paperwork to complete. Since I pick up the mail every day and open the mail do you think I would have noticed if I had received it? I didn’t get it…UGH now my company has to pay a penalty. Okay, it is my fault I do agree, I should have noticed that I didn’t pay it since the money was sitting in the accounts ledger….I agree with this…but no notice given, just a 10% late fee…..That sucks….Even criminals get 3 strikes before they are out. Why does a company who is never late get a penalty right off the bat? Taxes angers me so much! They are so unconstitutional. This is one of the reasons why I believe in the Libertarian Party.

What is a Libertarian?
Libertarians believe that you have the right to live your life as you wish, without the government interfering -- as long as you don’t violate the rights of others. Politically, this means Libertarians favor rolling back the size and cost of government, and eliminating laws that stifle the economy and control people’s personal choices.


Are Libertarians liberal or conservative?
Libertarians are neither. Unlike liberals or conservatives, Libertarians advocate a high degree of both personal and economic liberty. For example, Libertarians agree with conservatives about freedom in economic matters, so we're in favor of lowering taxes, slashing bureaucratic regulation of business, and charitable -- rather than government -- welfare. But Libertarians also agree with liberals on personal tolerance, so we're in favor of people’s right to choose their own personal habits and lifestyles.

In a sense, Libertarians “borrow” from both sides to come up with a logical and consistent whole -- but without the exceptions and broken promises of Republican and Democratic politicians. That's why we call ourselves the Party of Principle.


How large is the Libertarian Party?
By almost every objective measure, the Libertarian Party is the third-largest political party in America. We’re active in all 50 states and have more than 200,000 registered voters, which is more than all other third parties combined. (I heard last year, in Hamilton County the Libertarian Party held the Number 2 spot beating out the Democrat Party!)

No comments: