Sunday, August 13, 2006

Bay City Rollers

S A TUR DAY Nite!

I couldn't drag my family with me to go to a party tonight so, instead, at the last moment, my friend Stephanie Byers went with me. Can I tell you about the food??!! It was so INCREDIBLE! They had salmon (fixed 2 ways), shrimp (fixed 3 ways), turkey (fixed 2 ways), beef (fixed 2 ways), sausage (I can think of maybe 3 different kinds...may have been more!), steak, scallions, crab legs, pulled pork, and I am sure I might be missing something here...and that was just the meats....They also hired a live jazz band who WERE AMAZING! I tried to record on my cell phone but it ended up being a bad recording, otherwise I would put it on. I believe the lady and the band was called Mary Moss and I was told she was a recorded musician. It was such a beautiful night with the cool air and just right breeze. It couldn't have been a nicer day for an outdoor party. So, after I dragged Stephanie to the party, I had to drag her away from the party. She wanted to stay but since it was a lot for me to even go and stay several hours, I thought I did good. She said "next" year she would either 1. Drive herself or 2. Have her husband drive her....I am SO SORRY Stephanie that I didn't want to stay any longer...I felt bad for having to leave but I am thankful I went and I am thankful that I had someone to go with...So THANK YOU THANK YOU.......I will post pictures later...

Hope everyone had a good Saturday night...

1 comment:

crazed lunatic said...

i will drive myself next year, provided that i have an invite. ;) well, strike that...i'll take a bus to the very northside and have aaron collect me there. or, i will go with aaron and he will drive me home. either way, if i have the invite next year, i'll be damned if i'm leaving at 8:20! it was way too good of a party to ditch it that soon.... and next year, perhaps i'll help you get liquored up enough to want to stay a little longer, too! ;)

anyway, thanks for the invite...i had more fun than i've had in ages! :)