Thursday, August 31, 2006

Do I have dementia?

I just found this table (TABLE 1 Below) about Ginkgo Biloba and if I am reading this correctly, unless I have dementia my memory will not be enhanced? The reason why I am taking this is for my memory....So I have to be dementia so that my memory will be better...So that lead me to look up the word dementia and the dictonary states:

Dementia (from Latin de- "apart, away" + mens (genitive mentis) "mind") .....Particularly affected areas may be memory, attention, language and problem solving, although particularly in the later stages of the condition, affected persons may be disoriented in time (not knowing what day, week, month or year it is), place (not knowing where they are) and person (not knowing who they are).

DID I NOT JUST SAY IN MY POST BELOW THAT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT DAY IT WAS? This means I am dementia? And problem solving...I could NEVER do math problem solving in school! Have I been dementia since childhood? I have woken up before not knowing where I was...does this count for not knowing where I was? I don't remember (thus the reason why I am taking Ginkgo) not knowing who I was. There has been times in my life when I think I know someone and it wasn't really them...(Example: I saw Elvis the other day getting gas.) Does this count?


TABLE 1
Key Points About Ginkgo Biloba

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Efficacy Alzheimer's disease: effective
Cerebrovascular disease: modest positive effects
Dementia: modest positive effects
Memory enhancement: ineffective in adults without dementia
Intermittent claudication: modest positive effects
Tinnitus: modest positive effects

Bottom line Safe herbal medication; may be effective for treatment of symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, intermittent claudication, and tinnitus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take salmon Oil, or fish oil everyday. I think it's good for memory,too. My parents swear by it, so I take it. And I saw a doc on the Today Show recently and he said EVERY adult should have some fish oil everyday.