Thursday, December 21, 2006

V A C A T I O N

Hurray! It is official I started my vacation. The stipulation I put on myself was I had to get work completed and off my desk in order to take the next week off without coming in for a few hours here or there...Even though the office is going to be closed. I had so much I needed to get done prior to the new year....You know tax forms and things like that...Normally I cuss like a sailor when I am about ready to go on vacation because time flies when I am trying to get things done and I don't get them done...But this year, I don't think I said one bad word the entire day! In fact, I had several major interruptions, yet still no cussing! This is amazing!!! Anyway, it was a good day even though I started it at 5 a.m. versus 6:30 a.m. I got up early to go into work so I could have a few hours extra today. I ended up getting to work a little over an hour earlier because for some reason, the snooze button kept being pressed.... I did get in early like I mentioned but in order to get things done, I stayed pretty late tonight. I told myself if I did this, I wouldn't have to go in at all next week. This isn't to say I won't be called or paged....I am sure it will happen....It just means I can save on gas and not physically be there! I am so happy but for some strange reason, I am nervous about it too. Why? I don't know for sure but something deep down is bugging me. I sure hope I am wrong with the nagging feeling. Boss 1 knew I had much to do and would be coming in if I didn't get the things I needed done...When he asked me when I would be in, I told him I wouldn't be coming that I got things completed he looked shocked or stoned and totally confused. I really believe he thought I wouldn't get done what I needed to do. The beauty of it was I emailed boss 1 and boss 2 any outstanding things left unopen. For example, I have several quotes out to our factories we rep...If I didn't get a response back I left note stating what to do with the quote when it does come in...Muhahahaha

Well I am pretty tired so I think I will go rest now. Hope everyone had a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy vacationing at home. Don't let the ghosts get you.