Monday, December 18, 2006

Pain in the neck!

I can’t move my neck. I called the doctor and he wanted to see me today. He has decided to order me a cervical traction unit. I was also given a few 800 mg of Ibuprofen. This is pure powerful medication! I have taken Advil with this much Ibuprofen before, however this is straight stuff and it helped my neck and shoulder a great deal! I asked the doctor if my neck could hold out another week before they ordered the cervical unit. I said I am going to be meeting my deductible on the 4th of January, could I get the unit first of January to avoid having to pay for a deduction now and then in another week have to pay it again? He said he would hold off ordering it until the first week of January. That stinks because I could use it now, but why pay out all that money twice within a few weeks of each other?? I probably will not even get the darn thing prior to the first of the year anyway! I guess I shouldn’t complain. Those countries that have socialized medication wouldn’t have even been seen this quickly. I was reading online and one gal who needed the same operation I had on my vocal cords had to wait almost 12 months to get her surgery. That is socialized medication at its finest! Now she was happy to have it done when she got it done but I can’t imagine having to wait almost an entire year for a surgery. Think about this the next time you think the US government needs to get involved with healthcare……Think about what you may be giving up….

1 comment:

Mommasita said...

Mommasita sad for auntie!! Hope you feel better quick!