Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hear Me Roar


I am a tiger. I was born in the month of July. I was a first born. I am a high D personality. If you don’t see me as a high D, it is because you haven’t ever worked with me. I am a fast worker and fast talker. I like to get a problem out on the table, find a solution and move on. If you bring the problem back to me a month later, I am going to ask you, “Why are we discussing this? Haven’t we already talked about this?”

I had to take a psychological test one time and it stated I am direct and decisive. I am strong-willed, strong-minded who like accepting challenges, taking action and getting immediate results.

Why am I talking about this? Because boss 2 is driving me to want to drink! He is just the opposite of me and I have to DEAL with him because he is my boss.

For example: This morning, he came into my office and said he just faxed a quote to a customer. He wasn’t sure if the fax would go through or not and he had to leave for an appointment. I asked him if he wanted me to listen for it and refax it if it didn’t. He stated yes. He gave me the 3 pieces of paper. He then stated only the first 2 sheets would need to be refaxed. He then showed me the last sheet, which was a general email about the products. Then proceed to say he would go ahead and take the last sheet to his desk and leave the 2 sheets, to be faxed on my desk so that I wouldn’t get confused and fax all 3. HELLO! IS ANY BODY HOME? I AM NOT AN IDIOT……Not only can I read the fax states 2 total pages, you explained it to me. These types of examples go on day in and day out. I realize it is because we have totally different personalities but I feel as if he is talking down to me. He must have only worked with idiots in the past. Maybe after he gets used to me, he won’t do this but I seriously doubt it.

And what exactly do I say to this man without sounding petty? I asked him one time if he would like to read my psychological test to better understand me. He said he wanted to find out on his own. I think it may be best if he reads it otherwise I might have to seriously hurt him. I am tiger....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what a high D personality is, but you describe how you work in ways that also described me, when I worked in the office rather than at home. I was quick and efficient and worked well on my own. Group efforts and the idiots that come with them slowed me down.