Sunday, December 10, 2006

Computer POP

My laptop has caused me much grief over the years. Last evening, I heard a pop and out it went. My brother opened it up and couldn't find anything. He suggested I purchase a new computer. WHAT? NO! I DON'T HAVE $... So I decided to go outside to our money tree and pick some fast cash. ... RIGHT....I asked how much a new mother board would be so he got onto Dell website. After chatting with one of their reps, we find I have a 4 year warranty and the computer has 1 more full year. OMG! Does anyone know how much $ I have picked off that tree to have the other repairs fixed???? I bet it is close to $350.00 - 400.00 and all along, I could have gotten the parts repaired at no cost. My brother is a genius. When he ordered my laptop, he arranged to have an extended warranty as part of the cost, which I didn't know. I am happy he did, of course, but wish I knew it when I spent the extra cash out. Oh well, the good news is I am not going to have to shell out money right now to get a new computer. I will be without it for several weeks while it is being repaired but it is worth it. By the way, my brother states it is best to always have an extended warranty on laptops.....I will always remember this when it comes time to harvest my other money trees and get to purchase a newer model.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, a new setting on your blog. I'll have to see it a few times to get used to it, and then I can tell you if I like it or not. Already I know it is easier to read, so your readership should go up phenominally.