Sunday, January 21, 2007

Watching Football


I normally don't watch football. I don't keep up with who is in what championship game or payoffs. I used to watch more when I lived at home but since I have been moved away from home I just don't get into it. This evening I invited myself over to the Byers home to watch the playoffs. I thought it would be interesting, and it was. I stayed until about 8. The game started at 6:30. It seems only about 15 minutes of the game was actually played in the hour and a half I watched. There was commerical after commerical. I couldn't believe it. Then when the game was being played I found myself becoming anxious. I remember now why I don't watch football. I get keyed up and nervous. So I didn't finish watching the game at the Byers. I decided to leave so that I wouldn't have a nervous breakdown in front of their children. I did turn the radio on to listen to the game in my 7 minute drive home. Then came upstairs and I am keeping track of who is winning by going to a local news website. My nerves just can't take the minute by minute plays. I hope they win. I sure hope they do because there will be much disapointment by the entire community and it would be nice to finally win but I can't take the pressure of the stress of it all blow by blow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also started to get very nervous so I channel surfed but always came back to see them. Papaw watched it until the end. They made history the way they came back from being behind. I have been watching the travel channel. There are 2 men living with the natives in Papau that I have been keeping up with. I have to turn my head though when they eat the bugs and snakes.
Have a wonderful week.
Nana

Anonymous said...

You have to wonder how many people have heart attacks during sporting events, (heart attacks by non particiants.)