Thursday, January 11, 2007

It seems I may be very creative!

Isn’t there a saying about the most creative minds have the messiest desks? If there is, then I must be pretty creative, because my desk is constantly being mistaken for the remnants of a tornado. It’s not that I don’t like a clean, neat, organized office, and about only the day before I go on vacation it is in good shape. But keeping it that way is where I always fail. I have the best intentions, but procrastination and distraction always get the best of me.

One of my resolutions was going get organized and stay organized. As of today, I have failed miserably. Is there hope for me? I am not sure but I am looking onto the possibility of trying to get organized. Is that like saying, “I will give it a shot, but I know I am going to fail?” I have heard that one before.

If I was really brave, and I’m not, I’d post a picture of my desk so that you could each bash me. I’m not sure I can do that yet. So, I will set my timer for 15 minutes, bring in a big garbage bag, and I will thin out some of the items not needed on my desk.

Once I get to the point where I feel like I’ve decluttered, I may post a picture.

Are you a recovering clutter-holic? Feel free to share some inspiration or commiseration with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judi, where are you with your wisdom?

Anonymous said...

Where am I with my wisdom? I was decluttering on sat and threw my back out. Now I know I should just let my kids live in a pigs' stye and just close the door to their rooms, but sometimes ya gotta get up and act like a mom.

Now I know better!

As for my decluttering, I am thinking I will sell things at the Memoirs garage sale on Jan 26th at the Hamilton Co. Fairgrounds. I don't have a lot to sell, but a little de cluttering and a little cash would do me good.