Thursday, January 25, 2007

It was a busy morning for me yesterday. I received the information I am about to tell you in about 2 minutes, which was way less time than it took me to type it! This was all given to me unsolicited!

My company had one of our factory reps come in for training and to call on a few customers. This gentleman brought a lady friend in with him to the appointment. This was totally unprofessional. Would you take your boyfriend or girlfriends knowing you were going to make sales calls? Anyway, this lady friend ended up sitting in my office during the sales call with boss 1. She stated she was going to go and sleep in her boyfriend’s car while they were working however boss 1 and 2 said for her to stay in where it was warm. So, boss 2 sat her in my office so that she could play on the internet. (Thanks!)

My first gripe was I wanted to hand her a tissue. She kept sniffing and sniffing. This is one reason why it is very important for me to have my own office. It has been way too many years for me to share an office with someone, especially someone who isn't as well educated in the world of social graces as I am. HA! Anyway, she told me in the first minute she sat down that her "husband" (she was here with a man NOT her husband)....anyway, her husband has cut her off and not giving her any money. She said she has 3 kids and she left husband and her 3 kids at 3 a.m. one morning because he was beating on her. (Why would you leave your kids behind then?) Husband won’t give her the children now, and he is now claiming abandonment. Did I tell you that she said he had better watch himself because she has a tape of him and her neighbor? She actually graphically told me what was on the tape. My mouth dropped open. I couldn't believe she told me that. She then said both her husband and this woman want this tape. So I said, "Well maybe you could tell the neighbor if she comes over to your side and helps you out that you would hand over the tape." She then said that the neighbor was a crack head so she wouldn't be of any help to her. OMG! This was all before she sat down in her chair.I offered her a desk office chair instead of a hardback chair (with no wheels) and she proceed to tell me that she hurt her back a few years ago and the doctor messed her up and she has been on morphine for at least 6 months she was stoned and couldn't do ANYTHING. This was one of the reasons why she is now getting a divorce because the doctor gave her morphine drugs. She also said she started having tremors and when she went back into the back surgeon's office, he looked at her and walked away and wouldn't see her. It sounds to me like he was a smart doctor and wanted nothing more to do with her. She said she was suing him too for 5 million dollars. OMG! Now she is seeing a doctor like the television show Doogie Howser MD. She said he went to collage when he was like 15 years old.... So she wrote emails to her attorney, while her male friend and boss 1 went out on a sales call.

Doesn't she sound like a train wreck?

WHY WOULD SOMEONE TELL ME THEIR LIFE STORY...SOMEONE I JUST MEET 5 MINUTES PRIOR????


UPDATE: Apparently, according to boss 2, gentleman from factory was at one of our customers and told the people he was meeting with about his girlfriends soon to be ex-husband story. Boss 1 was Mortified!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you didn't get baby-sitting wages to help compensate your other loss of wages for putting up with her. I remember what a wonderful sitter you were. Tell anyone who is interested that I will be making soup this weekend depending on which day we go out to eat.
Love you,
Nana