Thursday, January 11, 2007


My niece has been very sweet to me since I came home from surgery. I guess the absence made her heart grow fonder. She has been the sweetest little girl. We all have been playing waitress with her as she got a new kitchen and fruit stand for Christmas. She loves cooking the make believe food and then serving it to us. Last night she asked if I would like some puzzle soup. (Daddy had finished a puzzle and it was sitting near her.) I wanted to probe and ask questions about the soup.
“What is in this puzzle soup?” I asked.
She then replied very upbeat and lively, “Well, there are worms and butterflies!”
"Worms and butterflies!" I said with a crazy look on my face.
"No, no, I mean butterfiles and flowers!" She replied.
Okay, I guess that makes it all right then....

No comments: