Friday, January 05, 2007

Insurance, Insurance, Insurance, Are you Kidding ME?

Yesterday morning the ENT gave us a RX to fill. My insurance company (Blue Cross and Blue Shield) reject it first thing in the morning. They want me to use another type of drug. So everyone knows how hard it is get answer on prescriptions since doctors are usually seeing patients during the day so it wasn't until late last night time when a new script was called in. The medication the insurance suggested was the one, which was okayed by the doctor. Guess what happened next? The insurance company decided they wouldn't fill as written. ENT wanted me to have 2 pills a day. Insurance company denied this. They only wanted me to take 1 pill a day. Since it was nighttime, I couldn't get anything answered. My mom has been working with both the doctor office and CVS all day today. Finally after messing back and forth with the darn insurance company, I will be taking the drug they said I need to be taken as well as the amounts they say I need. WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES? When did they decided what I need to take versus my doctor and then the amounts to be taken?? Do their CEO's and new buildings take precedence over patient health care? OMG! My company pays a bloody fortune for Blue Cross...One of the reasons is because we have an awesome plan. What I am now beginning to wonder is what would happen if we had a terrible health plan. Where would I be in this mess? You see I haven't been ill or needed to use insurance in a long, long time. I mean YEARS. I do go get my annual physicals and such, pay my co-pay and move on so I don't have much trouble with the insurance company. I guess they like that type of patient. One where you pay all the money in and they reap the rewards of never having to pay much out. Okay, can you tell I am a little upset?

Another thing my mom was telling me today. She has a friend who just was diagnosed with diabetes. Since he doesn't have any family history of diabetes, his insurance denied all his diabetes claims!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

My neck hurts really bad today. It is like I bruised it. I thrashed my head around pretty good yesterday while I was in recovery trying to breathe. So I guess that is why it hurts so badly now. I have also been getting really tired off and on but I suppose that goes with the territory. All in all, I am doing well I think.

How are you doing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, because of Noah, me and the insurance company went round and round this summer about accepted meds, therapy, etc.... How can they have the nerve to say i need to see one of their therapists when they don't have any that are accepting new patients, or they don't see kids who are out patient or they only see kids who are 16 and above. I literally called EVERY tharapist's office who accepts their insurance and finally found ONE office that had a doctor who accepted the insurance but not a therapist. they had their therapist apply to accept our insurance so they could see my kid. Talk about a big F****** deal.

Did you get an e mail about StampCamp? My friend Joanne got one, but I didn't. If you get one, can you pass it on to me?