Thursday, January 04, 2007

My update and more crazy to come!


I am doing pretty well tonight after my surgery other than I have indigestion, which I don’t normally have! I am also having terrible hot flashes and my hair is soaking wet! I have had this off and on today. Mom thinks it is the pain meds I am on. I would probably agree to that.

My surgeon was really nice. I didn’t talk to him but he made sure my mom knew everything. Fine with me, it wouldn’t be anything I could remember anyway. Here is the thing…After surgery he also spoke to her about 2 other procedures he is going to send me to. Needless to say, he and his office didn’t waste ANY TIME….because before 2 p.m. today they had called and had already scheduled the 2 procedures for me. One is a CAT scan on Tuesday. So the reason for the CAT scan…Well he needs to look at my neck to see if I have obstruction. Why does he think this may be the case? I lost my breath during recovery and choked!!!! My biggest fear! So I have to have a CAT scan Tuesday….I am sure my job is going to love all this time I am taking off!

What I remember about my anesthesiologist was right before surgery he told me he would put the medication in my hook up and I would taste something funny in my mouth and then would eventually fall asleep. When I was in the operating room, he said he was going to start. I was in the room for approximately 2 seconds and that included being prepared for the surgery and was dead under. I didn’t have time to taste anything. The next thing I remember and this is the part, which scares the crap out of me, is waking up with about 7 people around me trying to get me to breathe. I had oxygen on and the anesthesiologist was there and they were all talking to me to get me to wake up and breathe. It took about 3-4 minutes later when I had finally woke up when I started to breath on my own before they could take the oxygen off. I was groggy but breathing on my own. My head was pounding and one of the guys said to get me caffeine, a coke or something. I drank it just fine. No real problems but I had just taken 2 Vicodens! Hurray for pain medication! LOL!

The other procedure is an endoscopy and it is scheduled for the 19th of this month! OMG! My mom told me I would more than likely be put out during this too. Can you smell fear? I am very, very scared about that! The endoscopy is being preformed because ENT said I have acid reflux. This is pretty weird for me because I don’t normally have indigestion or heart burn. Hardly never but during the surgery today, my ENT said I have acid “runs” located in my stomach to my throat. I must have some serious acid going on in my stomach!!! ENT also called in medication for me for the acid. The medication he wants me on….My Blue Cross and Blue Shield will not pay for! What??? They said I have to try a couple other brands before they would pay for the medication prescribed. Cheap bastards! (Sorry for cussing but it was the nicest word I could find to use.)

Today was difficult for me not to talk and it was the first darn day! Lots of writing but I know if I continue to write, I will heal much quicker. So I must stick to writing!!!

Tomorrow I will still be on a liquid diet. My mom made some awesome soup for me today. She put lots of carrots (I love!) in it but I would have never known because it was chopped into liquid. I also ate pudding and had 2 Popsicles.

I have had a pretty good day considering what I went through this morning! Tomorrow will be better but then Tuesday will be here before we know it! Man! I really wanted to put off more medical bills. They are all going to shower into me at once! I know. I know. It is my health but this is really going to put a damper on gift giving and craft spending!

3 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

the best gift you can give us is by being good to yourself....all the rest will fall into place. and when money gets really tight, and you feel you need new stuff...just come shopping at my place.... ;)

Anonymous said...

Your cheap b****** of a boss is going to have to come up with payback money for you, as it sounds like you will need it. Maybe we can have a garage sale or e bay sale on your behalf?

Anonymous said...

you have tests on tuesday????does this mean our date is off????