Friday, October 06, 2006

We Will Prank You!

Frabyers and family are on vacation for a few days. I have been asked to stop by their house and check on things, feed little guinea pigs and such....You know, make sure no one strange has taken up residence in their absence. If you know this household, then you know they are a fun loving couple with a house full of kids. The kind of family who would not mind a practical joke being played on them.

I thought about putting a for sale by owner sign in their yard with the words SOLD on the sign but I don't know of anyone who would lend me one....

So....I enlisted a few of our friends to put their heads together to think of something to do while they are away. I said nothing destructive or anything they would have to clean up (cleaning up after twins is enough!) It was a hard thing to come up with but I thought this might be fun:

I made one large sign and this sign will go on inside their garage on the door coming into their living area. It reads:

Welcome Home
How do you know you are home?
There are signs everywhere.
(12 of them to be exact)

Then we are going to place 12 smaller signs all around inside their home. For example, in their medicine cabinet, on the toilet, in the shower, maybe even in a panty drawer...Here is what the smaller signs will read:

Welcome home. We were here while you were away.
Yes, here too.
So many places, So little time
We were RIGHT here while you were away.
We looked here too.
Very Interesting
Nothing to hide from us
We have seen it all now.
Just when we thought it was safe.
We looked in here too
Are these legal?
Looked in here too

Here is hoping they find a little bit of laughter from friends who care so much about them! Laughter is good medicine and after spending 11 hours one way with a set of twins who are 3, I am sure they are going to need to laugh and take some strong medicine upon their return. Well, here is hoping!

If anyone has any other thoughts, please post them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have your white Brilliance and I like it. I may borrow it for a day or two longer if that is okay.

Nana said...

I think the signs would be better than the yard sign.
You could put one in the undie drawer that says, "What is this used for"? Surely she has some "unmentionables" in there.
Another one could read "You sure can tell Martha doesn't live here".