Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Morning Commute


When I first moved north of Indianapolis, it took me approximately 20 minutes to get to my work. I guess there has been thousands upon thousands of new homes built up this way because it is now taking me almost an hour in the morning to get to work and if I leave at 5 in the evening, it is taking me a full hour to get home. This is unacceptable!

I heard the other day; the mayor of Carmel is looking into putting roundabouts on Keystone Avenue. I would love not having to stop at a red light every ½ mile but do you think this is the answer? I sure would not like to be the person coming east or west trying to get north or south. I think that would be a total nightmare; but that is just my thoughts.

This morning, there was a semi accident and it backed up both Keystone and Meridian. It was almost 8 o’clock before I made my way on to the interstate. I am supposed to be at work at 8 o’clock and yet I still had a good 20 minute drive. After I got to 56th Street, I decided I needed a drink! (No it was not hard liquor although thinking back; it might have been a good start to my day…) Anyway, I stopped for a drink through a drive thru and that took me about 13 minutes, I still not sure why as I paid in cash and then guess what stopped me!?...A train, which I had to sit and wait on.

I wasn’t angry or mad about all the minutes, which passed by this morning. I was just confused as to why it all had to happen on the same morning.

UPDATE ON QUICKBOOKS: Thank goodness for backup tapes! I was able to recover my missing files from the server!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time you are stuck in traffic, take a photo with your cell phone so you can prove it to Owner.