Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Re-Gifting

I had a very good Christmas, however I read 83% of American adults receive unwanted gifts during the holiday season. This can't be just the casual-acquaintance category of gifts--it has to include gifts from loved ones too. This means that most people are potential re-gifters or resellers. Do you think the gift you gave could end up being re-gifted? The survey said that nearly half of those adults (47%) typically re-gift or resell items.

I want to know....did you get anything this year you don't care for? Or did you get a gift, which you don't think the person put any effort into?

Are you planning on re-gifting or re-selling the item(s)?

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

Yes, I got something I'd like to regift. My sister in law gave me a store bought box of cookies tied with a bow to a plate. It is something that all came attached together with a price tag of $4.88 still on it, which makes me think it came from Wal mart.

The cookies have an odd flavor combination, ginger and something. The plate does have a cute verse on it about cookies. I may take it to painting class and share the cookies with the ladies there. The cookie verse could be re used and painted on a little plate or tea bag holder.

I don't know what is up with my sis in law. I always try to get her great things, for her and her family. I buy off her lists, but I never het back even one fraction of the thought in gifts from her. I am disappointed every year. I don't know why, you would think I would wise up, but every year I expect better, and every year I get disappointed. I did say something nice about her on my blog, only because she reads it.

She is a decent enough person, she just stinks in the gift department.

Usually I gather up odd gifts that my mom has received (she was a school social worker) and return them to Wal Mart. This year since she has retired, she didn't have so much odd stuff sitting around. She doesn't care to return things, and I have no shame, I'll return anything I can get ny hands on.

I am also going to re gift some very fancy bath bubbles I got. My friend Joanne always gets me bubble bath or salts, etc...and I never take baths. Often the kids use the bath stuff, but the bubbles are lovely and I know just the person who would love them. The bottle has little bees stenciled on it and I have a friend who collects bee stuff.