Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Black Tuesday and other tales

The alarm went off this morning and I decided to hit the snooze button.  At the time I should be leaving is when I woke up again.  I guess I didn't hit the right button...ya think?  So I jumped in the shower and washed off like I was running for a medal in the Olympics.  I sure wished at this point I would have washed my hair even if it meant I had to come in with it wet.  It feels awful!  My car is on total EMPTY and I didn't have time to stop and get gas.  I came in on fumes.  I hope my car will start when I leave tonight.  I should have stopped for gas.  I didn't know what I was going to wear today so I threw on some clothes....black sweats and sweatshirt and black boots.  This is one of good things I can say about my job.  I can wear this kind of clothes!
 
I was so tired last evening!  I worked and worked on a stained glass project and ended up hanging it up when I was done.  It looks beautiful from a distance but don't look to close!  I am still learning how to use the soldering iron and so it not very pretty up close.  I am telling you the truth when I say, the joints are not pretty.  The pattern is pretty though.  It was a pattern, which Maggie started.  She was playing with the pieces and I thought what she came up with was pretty.  My brother and I played with the pieces some more and came up with the design.  I sure wish I could post a picture but I don't know how do it with my camera phone.  Maybe I could later....
 
I think I have finished buying for Christmas.  I have to count to see how many "little" gifts I have for Maggie.  I put a stocking on her door handle and each morning she gets up to find a small stocking gift from me.  For example, yesterday was soap and it looked like a duck.  She loves animals and loves to play in the bathtub so I figured she would love the duck soap.  This morning I put a pair of socks in the stocking.  They have the words Hugs and Kisses and XOXO stitched on them.  I think she will love them.  Anyway, I am going to be putting a little something in each morning until the 25Th.  I may have to throw in a pack of gum or something if I don't have enough little goodies to put in.  I hope when she is grown, she will remember these little things I did for her.  I remember the little things when I was little and this is what is carried with you for a lifetime.
 
Hope everyone is having a better morning than what I had today!
 
 


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments: