Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Day In the Life of a Reformed Zookeeper

((hugs)) to my girlie Stressed Manager, who has been up to her armpits in her job lately. I disocvered a wonderful little secret, though. That her office isn't as far from my office as I previously had thought. I got to go to the Culvers down by her today to pick up food, and plan on meeting her for lunch in the not-so-distant future.

today was nothing short of manic today. i sometimes wonder if i went from the Zoo to the Insane Asylum. the phones didn't stop rining today....the work orders didn't stop coming, either, once i went around and begged for work. bad idea on a busy standpoint, but a good idea, too. i at least feel like i earned my pittance (which, shall go up to a sum that is not so much of a pittance in a few months.... we shall see). i think that i should learn me some skills that i could use on the properties, though, as they make pretty decent wages. (read: more than me...)

all in all, today wasn't a bad day. just busy. which i would so prefer to not busy, because then all i would do is pine for going home and being with my babies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Surely the title Office Manager is a promotion, and should tell you that they 1) Like you 2) like your work and 3) had better give you money to go with that title, cuz' that title will only get you more work and responsibilities which SHOULD equal more pay.

Once my little Indians are in school, I can meet both of you at Culver's for lunch. Wherever the hell it is won't matter cuz' the little bastards will be in school ALL DAY. I can feel the party startin already.