Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Temp and Clarian

The temp agency called and wants to send me on another interview...this job is in Westfield. I am really, really tired of interviewing. She said they only want to pay $13 an hour but she wants to go in at $15 an hour. This is what she has done for the last 2 interviews I went to. If they only wanted to pay $10, she went in at $12 or $13 for me...if they only wanted to pay $15 she asked for $17 for me but she goes in with the other candidates for the price they want to pay. I thank her for wanting me to make more but I am not getting the jobs. You see, the agency normally sends 2 or 3 resumes over with pricing. We all get interviews but since my price is always higher than everyone else, I don't get the job especially if we are all qualified and they wouldn't send someone over who wasn't qualified! I am a good at interviewing. I open up and I can get along and answer questions like a pro. I know what employers are wanting people to say. I know how to answer and would win an academy award if it came right down to it. The agency always sends feedback and it is always the same..."They really liked you...they thought you were very personable and pleasant but choose the other candidate"...So I don't think the temp agency should go in at a higher price than what they want the employer wants to pay OR if she should send all the resumes over for the same HIGHER price and see what happens.

I haven't heard from Clarian yet and today I didn't have a very good day because I am getting worried about it. I have really been going with the flow and not getting upset or uptight but I was a little down today. I don't like this feeling! I hope to have a job offer this week!

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

I hope you get a job offer, too. Me? I hope I live to see it.

Don't we sound like a depressed lot?