Thursday, February 14, 2008

3 Down 1 To Go

Here is the scoop!

The first interview of the day was a call back. I got there early so I sat in my car and slept. (I can sleep anywhere). There were 2 guys who interviewed me this time...it was the two owners. One of the owners is from England and has that great accent. The other one is a hippie. He even said he was and he still looks like he is one. I wonder if he still gets stoned every night or if he is just slow in nature. I was told at the end of the meeting that the first interview was conducted by the consultant, she then decided who would come in for the second interview to meet each owner...then the last interview...this is when I wanted to scream...would be held next week. They would discuss tomorrow who to call back. After we talked some more and I shook his hand to leave he said, "I will be seeing you next week." I don't know if he was saying I would be called back yet a 3rd time or if he was just being nice.

The last 2 interviews were at a hospital downtown. I got there early so I sat in the nice lobby. There is a piano, one which plays itself, in the lobby so I sat in the nice and comfy chairs and listened to the player and watched people come and go (for over 45 minutes...I said I was early!) Wow! People do come and go at that hospital! Anyway, about 10-15 minutes before my interivew I walked to the department to have my interview and check in. The gal who announced me to the interviewer came back out to me and said "You already have 2 thumbs up!" I asked why and she said the interviewers were so surprised and happy that I was on time let alone early! I was shocked. She said most people are late....anyway...the interview went great....better than great really. In the end I asked if I needed to do anything or what I was lacking in order to be hired and I was told I needed to do nothing...as far as they were concerned I was a perfect fit for the job. I was told I would hear something next week....hurray! Then I was asked what job I was being interviewed for tomorrow at the same hospital...I told them I had NO IDEA and we all laughed. I said, HR called me so many times yesterday and they didn't tell me. I just took the interviews and they gave me the times to be when and were!

I sure hope to get a job at the hospital, which is 3.3 miles away from home! The pay is well, I don't want to go there...but there is something about being close to home and awesome benefits!

I guess I will know more next week. Stay tuned to this channel!

No comments: