Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cute things from yesterday

I gave my friend Becky yesterday a pair of ear rings and a bracelet I had made. I wasn't sure if she would like the bracelet so I brought an alternative for her to choose from. As we were sitting there, she stated I should sell the jewelry I was making and I explained I was only doing it for myself and to give as gifts. She kept pushing and pushing asking how much I would charge for a bracelet and I finally asked her why and she said she wanted to buy the other bracelet I had brought. I asked her if it was for herself and she said of course it was. She wanted both bracelets. I told her she could have them both at no charge...I wasn't going to sell jewelry. She was so excited and giggled. I told her I would have to cut down the length of the other bracelet down as it was a 7 1/2 length and she wears a 6 1/2. (The first bracelet I had made smaller.) So she was very excited and then her face lit up and she asked..."With the extra pieces you are cutting down from the bracelet, could you then make me ear rings?" Thanks for asking Becky! I would love to make you more! This made me feel good to know she really did like what I had given her.

Last night Uncle Daniel and Grandma French came over. Maggie gets SO excited when Uncle Daniel comes over. While we were sitting at the table, I asked Maggie..."What does Uncle Daniel have that I don't? Why don't you like me as much as you like him?"

Her response....

"Auntie, I like you both the same!" (That was a brilliant response for a 6 year old!)

Oh Maggie, could I love you any more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks makes her OLDER than both of us. I love it!

I have a broken necklace that needs to be re-strung but I don't know how. Can you give me a lesson? -Beth