Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bitter is the new me

Well, not exactly bitter...Remember the book "Bitter is the new black?" I know most of us have read this hilarious book and I can now relate to this gal's struggles. For those of you who haven't read the book, it is about a woman who loses her job and finds her self over qualified for everything she applies for. It takes her awhile but she realizes her life has changed and she can no longer afford the luxuries she once thought were necessities. I am right there with this gal. One of the things which keeps me going, unlike her, is knowing that I won't lose my home because of this. I am luckily enough to have loving family to love and support me and wouldn't see me living in my car and/or street.

Why am I writing this?? Well, I contacted Clarian and was told the manager decided to go in a different direction. I said, "I was told I had a verbal offer and a formal offer would be forthcoming..." She said,..."Yes, and your references came back fine.., however the manager decided to go a different direction." WHAT? I was speechless. What happened? I emailed a friend of mine and she wrote this to me:

I do have Family that is working for Clarion. I can understand what they are doing and that is all of a sudden they are looking at all depts and programs and deciding to cut back and not fill postions that they have. My neice and her boss are doing that right now and adding the work to other people job descriptions.


Back to the drawing board for me.

No comments: