Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's been a birthday weekend!



Today was my mothers birthday...and as my friend Laurie would say..."She turned 30/31"...(add together to get age). In my family, the birthday person gets to pick where they want to go to eat to celebrate. By looking at the pictures can you guess what South side restaurant we went to? It is a top 10 restaurant for Indy. They say the cows give the name and location away.

The food was FAB! If you ordered from the dinner menu they start you out with homemade onion soup! I have never been a big fan of onion soup until I had it at my cousin Karen's house. She made from scratch and it was the best...this is a close second (or third) so I have to say it was pretty darn good! Then after soup is finished, they serve a very nice salad! It had lots of veggies and was very good too. I order a steak! I could have cut it with my spoon and I even ordered it medium well...so you know it had to be good! The dinner also came with bread and a choice of side. Lots of goodies to eat at this reaturant! In fact, I may want to choose it for my special day! Good choice mom!

On a side note...on the way to my parents home, Maggie told me she wished she could go ice skating because she had "moves". You see, we watched Ice Princess on Disney the other night and afterwards she got up and danced and twirlled. Daddy told her she had some great moves. One of the cutest moves is when she tries to jump and spin in the air with her hands above her head! Love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful birthday and I want to thank everyone who helped make it that way.
Love,
Nana

Judy in Indiana said...

I hope Nana had a great day! I have never been to that restaurant, but now am dying to go. Can Nana come, too? That's my special request.

Anonymous said...

Yes, please can I???
Carl and I am supposed to work the Compassion International table at the Jeromy Camp concert Thursday night but haven't got all of the info yet so I guess I will make a call Tuesday.
Nana