Friday, November 17, 2006

Theodore's Cafe -- Grilled Cheese and Corn Dogs!



I found a local restaurant right under my nose. I could literally walk to this place for lunch! I try to go in one time a week. Theodore's Cafe is located in the Kendall Inn, which is located in historic Fort Ben. I just love going in there because the building is very old and it is just so quaint. The tables clothes and napkins are linen and the food is good and reasonable priced. The most expensive thing on the menu is a HUGE salad for $10 bucks! I had the salad the very first time I dined and took half of it home. It is a place where you could easily go in and bring a book and have a nice, relaxing lunch....

So as I am beginning to be a repeat visitor, I am starting to get to know the staff. Today I spoke with a girl who is always there and I asked her what her position was and she said she was the manager (basically) of the facility. I said, "You are Lorelai Gilmore of the Gilmore Girls" and she laughed and said, "yes, I am the Lorelai of this inn." I asked her if she lived there because she is always there. She said she would love to live there because it so laid back and fun.

I want a laid back and fun place to work!

Lorelai also said you didn't have to eat off the menu. (good to know) The chef would fix me (it is all about me isn't it) anything I wanted. This was told because I said I was supposed to have lunch with a friend today but she had to cancel because of children issues. I asked if they had a children menu, "No, not really, but we can fix anything for you so yes, the children could have been feed here..They can make a small proportion of anything on the menu, or a grilled cheese....We even have corn dogs!"

Well what do you know?! Grilled cheese and corn dogs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed lunch here with you. I will never order a beef-manhattan and also order soup again.
Love,
Mom