Thursday, November 30, 2006

Reading and other news



Maggie is reading!!! She read her first story to me and then she was very excited and jumped up to go get another book and read that one to me too. At first I thought she just remembered what was on each page, however after watching her I soon realized this was not the case. I was so amazed. Many of you know, she is only 5 years old!

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their cable? I was about to scream late tonight. I finally got a battery for my laptop and it would take me 10 minutes to download a page. I was told internet was supposed to be faster and this past weekend they upgraded to a new system. If this is the case, I say go back to the old.

The best news is my company is going to pay for me to get a new set of tires, an oil change and pay for my car insurance. As all of you know, I have been on reduced pay for sometime. I went in and told owner I needed help and he is paying for all of the above. This is good news for me and helps reduce my financial stress.

My throat is doing much better. I am thinking I may not have to have surgery. I think this may be wishful thinking on my part but here is hoping!

Only 2 more work days in this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always knew she would like to read but I didn't know it would be so soon. I can't say that I am surprised though.

Anonymous said...

I think we must have the same cable company and issues. Even our wireless cnnection is slow these evenings. It's just not worth the aggravation and I went to bed. yes, I thought there was a speedy update on the way. Hmmmmm...