Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hair Gone Wild


I used to try to be hip and be either with or be the in crowd. I would laugh at my older friends who wore comfortable boots or hats and scarves. I would never wear a hat...It would mess up hair style. Something has shifted some place over the years. Now I just don't care. My hair is clean, my clothes are clean (sometimes I do wear a pair of jeans twice before washing them, this would have been taboo in my earlier years...) and I am clean. I came in today looking like death, I put only a little bit of foundation on as to not scare anyone and no other makeup. I just didn't feel good and didn't feel like it. As I was driving in, I decided I was getting old and it felt pretty darn good.

2 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

love it! :)

miss judy is out for lunch. give me a call later to discuss where we shall go without her! ;)

Anonymous said...

Without me? I don't like the sound of that at all!!! Who said you could go without me? I like the thought of you sitting around lunchless wishing I was there.

So, my neighbor Cindi calls this morning and asks about usual stuff, then invites me to walk with her,she walks over in Bridgewater, the fancy neighborhood across the street where I never go. Knowing this might not be a great idea I say "Isn't it going to be cold today?" She says "So what? Wear a coat." So, after the kids get on the bus, we head out. "It's only 4 1/2 miles around" she cheerfully announces. I knew I was in trouble. Soon I feel my heels being scrapped to shreds. After that the blisters are starting to form on the balls of my feet. I am sweating, and without water. Then it starts to sprinkle on my head. I have now staggered home. Wet from rain and sweat, body aching, my blisters have blisters and my socks were bloody on the heels from the constant grinding. My feet are red and swollen. (I had on thick socks and broken in tennis shoes.) I need to go back to bed, I am so tired. It may take days for me to heal.