Wednesday, May 31, 2006

100 degrees on the main floor


I have stopped feeling sorry for myself today. Why do you ask? Because I went upstairs and found out each level of building is 20 degree hotter than the one below. Since I am in the basement (yes I have windows) it is cooler. It is 82 degrees in the basement so can you imagine what it is like on the top floor? It is 100 degrees on the main floor. Most of the building is empty. Everyone has gone home and they refuse to work in the heat. I thank God I work in a country, which air conditioning is offered. I would not do well in the third world countries. I guess you get used to it but I like to snuggle with a quilt and when it is this hot all year round, I would miss the opportunity.

The maintenance man came in to my office just now. They think the unit will be up and running tomorrow, if not they are planning on Friday. Hurray! I told him I told the boss to stay away from me or that I would bite his head off if he acted up. (This is a normal occurrence for the boss.) The maintenance man laughed and laughed. I guess he knows this to be true of me!

No comments: