Monday, May 22, 2006

29 More Working Days

What I know for sure is I have 29 more paid working days. I have been told this would probably be extended but for how long I am unsure. Although I know I will be taken care of I still continue to worry. In fact, the worry is now starting to manifest into illness. I have had sharp shooting pains in my right shoulder blade for a couple weeks and today, I have had major pains in my stomach along with the shoulder blade pain. The stomach pain is so bad at times I can not even walk! I was so embarrassed today as I had to go to CVS and I was walking doubled over and I had to grab a cart to hold on to. Why am I doing this to myself? I know I trust and I have faith so why is this happening?

I talked to the girls in my office today. One of them was stressed and emotional, which causes others to be stressed. I said, “We are all feeding off each other. We are all living in the future and missing what is happening in front of us.” I asked that we help each other and help each of us not to worry about our futures. This is how we are going to get through this difficult time. Everyone agreed and he spoke in great lengths about our feelings. Sometimes it is great being a girl. I wonder, if I were a man, would I have just went up and punched another male coworker to get my emotions out?

No comments: