Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stressful work

Why can't everyone just play nice and be nice to each other?? I guess one of the reasons is because we have a psycho working with us. Sybil...we never know who she is going to be from one moment to the next. The good news is that she went to her doctor today and hopefully she will get on some different meds. She is messed up! I have to feel sorry for her but at the time time, I need to protect myself from her crazy self. Today she asked the boss if I were her boss?!?! I have NEVER EVER even acted like her boss...EVER! Normally I don't talk to her much and just do my thing. Today I did say, "Hey, I have a suggestion...and it is just a suggestion so perhaps you guys won't agree but what if we have one of the new girls sit at the front desk. Let her actually run the desk because the girl who normally does it is going to be out for awhile and it would be good for one of them to get the hang of it while there is still help here...." I then said it was really none of my business but thought I would bring it up. I actually said..."It was none of my business"...... That was pretty much WORD FOR WORD what I said...Does this sound like I am the boss?? UGH! When the administrator told me this I immediately asked her if I was to bossy..and she said NO not at all. (I can tell you that is very hard for me to NOT be bossy at times but I normally turn around at my desk when I think I might become bossy!! It is very hard for me to so I do make an effort to to it!) Anyway administrator also said Sybil was probably picking up on the fact that she gives me administrative types of duties like the office manager used to do and was just curious if I was taking that role. I don't know if I can work with Sybil and be her boss...it would be hard because I would be writing her up left and right for bad attitude and how she talks down to patients and coworkers! It ain't pretty!

We have a new guy at work...I asked him in front of the practice administrator if he thought he could handle caddy women. He laughed and said he was used to it from the practice he came from before. I think he is going to get a big kick out of working with us! I hope he can stand all the talk!

That is pretty much been my last 2 days! Fun time in the big city!

2 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

hopefully you're feeling a bit better and that the work stuff will calm down. ((hugs))

Judy in Indiana said...

You go, Girl! Tell me how the new meds work out for Sybil. It may take a bit for them to kick in.....if she gets any. Does she know she has a problem or does she think she is fine?