Saturday, July 12, 2008

For the love of ..... A GOOD FRIEND!

Yesterday I took the day off from work. One of my best friends, Luci, is getting married today and she asked me to take Friday off to help her get ready. Lord I didn't know what that meant until I got to her house.

The wedding is taking place outside...in the middle of July. OUTSIDE. Anyway, I put on my best big girl panties and went to the other side of the world Friday morning at 10 a.m. It was pretty warm at 10 a.m. The HUGE tent was set up by the tent people but all the tables and chairs needed to be put up. Did I mention, there were 250 RSVPs who said they were coming?? Calculate how many tables and chairs that meant, which 4 of us girls had to carry, place and set up. HOT HOT HOT! We were all sweating like crazy!

After this task was done, Luci gave Connie and I some money to go and purchase CENTER PIECES for each of the 32 guest tables. Also, we had to get decorations for the cake, get flowers for the arch, plants to place in front of the arch and anything else we thought we may need. All this the day before the wedding. We, being supportive got into the car and headed to Hobby Lobby. It was late afternoon and I was getting hungry since I hadn't eaten. I said, "Connie, I would like to eat soon as I haven't eaten yet today and I am getting hungry." So we decided to get a bite of food. We get to Hobby Lobby and we are off on a mission. It took forever to find and decide what to do but we did it. Just a few more items left on our list and we headed to Michaels. Hip Hip! I few more hours (it seemed) and we found a few more items needed. I am getting tired now and then she mentions she need to go to the restroom. I agreed so we found the restrooms. We come out and I said, "I am so thirsty". I would love to get a drink soon. We finish up and I jokingly say, "I got these 2 bags...You can carry the trees!" She laughed too and said they weren't heavy. Walking back to the car, I say "I am so done now." "I am tired". We laugh and push everything in the car....literally... She asks where I would like to get a drink and I suggest Starbucks. She said she she wanted to get ice cream at Maggie Moo's. I said, okay let's nix Maggie Moo's and go to Starbucks...I meant to say nix Starbucks and go to Maggie Moo's....(I said I was tired!!) so we both laughed when I said..NONO..I meant the other way around. I then said I was happy to have everything done on her list...it was good to get everything she wanted and to be finished. I didn't think we could do it at the last moment.

We get back to Luci's house...OUTSIDE where the wedding is and the tables and chairs have been moved by the groom. He decided he wanted to mow. Why he didn't mow the day BEFORE when the tent wasn't up, we will never know....NO WAY! I was thinking NO WAY am I moving those tables and chairs back...of course I would have for Luci and I never said anything out loud but thank the Lord, the groom put all the tables and chairs back perfectly because my feet were hurting after all the shopping! So we went to work on the flower and table arrangements. Finally we got what we could done and decided to wait on putting the final arrangements with the table cloths on until today...the wedding day...just in case it

1. Rained
2. Morning dew
3. Got windy
4. Tornado
5. fill in the blank

At the end of the night, Connie told everyone I complained the entire day. (We laughed the entire day and had fun too)...but she wanted everyone to know what a prissy, city girl I really was....

Just think about what I have written...she told everyone I said...

"I'm hungry"
"I have to go to the bathroom"
"I am thirsty"
"My feet hurt"
"I'm tired"
"I'm done"

So since Luci wasn't bridezilla someone said I was friendzilla. Hey, I laughed at that too....I know it was all in good fun poking fun of me...and if I had taken everything she said to me and I could have poked fun of her too...but making fun of me was funny!

Okay, does everyone know the real reason why I don't do outside very well??? I have allergies. I have known this for years but try to push myself sometimes....NOT GOOD thing to do the day before a friends wedding. I had to get up in the middle of the night and go find a store to get allergy and sinus medication. I thought to myself I may end up in the emergency room but luckily I found an open drug store and got some stuff. I am still feeling like poop but at least I can breath some out of my nose. This is a good thing.

So TODAY is the wedding. When I woke up early this morning I heard the rain and I thought OH NO POOR LUCI! Thankfully it stopped here and I hope it isn't raining at her house.

I am about ready to give Luci a call to see what time she will need me. We talked about noon..(The wedding is at 4:30) but here is hoping I won't have to go so early...

stay tuned...

1 comment:

crazed lunatic said...

that is a lot of stuff to do. good for you to soldier on. can't wait to hear about the wedding!