Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ho Ho Ho is now Ha Ha Ha


Do you hear about the Santa’s in Australia not being able to use the traditional greeting “ho ho ho” because it may be offensive to women? One Santa said he wasn’t supposed to use the greeting because it was too close to the US slang for prostitute and could frighten children.

I wonder if there has been a study to prove if you are near Santa and he is saying, “ho ho ho” then that person then believes they are actually a ho ho ho and becomes a hooker later in life? Could this be the reasoning behind the craziness?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel strong enough about my self worth and personal behavior that if you yell ho ho ho to me, I won't be offended. Go ahead, santa, make my day!

Do you think Aussie kids really know American slang for the word? Their parents should make them watch more appropriate TV if that is the case.

Whimsey said...

This is funny; I too can handle HO HO HO...and my kids will think Santa's coming. :D They don't know any better...yet and I like that.

PS - thanks for the comment on my blog!!!