Friday, November 23, 2007

I didn't know


Hey check this out and tell me if it is true or not!

One would think I would have noticed the little secret on my dash, which has been staring at me for 24 years..but NO!

Quick question! What side of your car is your gas tank? If you are anything like me driving several different vehicles, you probably can't remember right away. I've stuck my head out the window to look, with no luck normally . . . especially on rental and borrowed cars.

If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo below). It's that simple!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this info either until this summer when I was driving our truck to pick up gd while we were camping and my friend told me.
Nana

dcaple said...

This is cool information. How long have I been driving???? Who knew!! Took a pole at my office and no one else knew either!!!