Sunday, November 18, 2007

Update of sorts

I went with a friend to a retreat last Saturday. Whatever you are thinking when you hear the words "spiritual retreat", I can assure you, it not anything like you are thinking. It is to hard to explain too. The facilitator is just amazing. She is an elderly lady and she is so wise and I just get so full of positive energy and life whenever I get to see and hear her talk. I wrote down a lot of stuff so that I can go back and re-read what she said. I think I may start seeing her privately. She is only in town about 2 times a year but I believe I could come leaps and bounds with what she has to teach me. It is pretty exciting.

Maggie and I made homemade cookies tonight. I totally went off my diet. There were 2, which fell apart so I ate them. Then later, I wanted to see if they were good cold and had another one. I don't plan on eating any more. I just wanted to see if they were good as it was recipe I made for the first time. I actually made them for the techs at work for Thanksgiving. I am having to put them in Christmas tins but knowing these guys, who ever gets home cooked anything, they will love them if I had put them into a paper sack.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

Men don't care about decorative stuff, they just want the food.You know it's true, so don't stress too much as they won't even notice the details that went into your hard work. All they will care about is whether it tastes good.