Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Beach


Isn’t this the sweetest picture? A couple weeks ago, I purchased story writing paper. You are supposed to draw a picture and then tell a story about the drawing. I was sitting next to Maggie when she drew this picture of the beach. I didn’t tell her what to draw. I didn’t tell her what to write. I was actually sitting working on my laptop. She ripped the paper out of the pad and said the picture was for me. I was stunned. Not because of her drawing me a picture, that is for sure as we all have many pictures colored by her. I was stunned at the picture. I was stunned at the details and more than ever I was stunned at how she wrote out the words “The Beach.” The picture is now being displayed on our refrigerate door. Open hours of the gallery are unpredictable so if you would like to see this or any other masterpieces in person, you may want to call first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mommy, Daddy and Auntie are all artistic so I am not surprised that she can draw. Of course I am very proud of her.
Nana