Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jack AWFUL Nasty

I am talking about the job.

I have never worked for a factory before but I think this is what it feels like. Yesterday the boss told me 10,000 units to be paid. I only had about 2 minutes training on the computer system so I am learning as I go on my own. There are 3 of us, and my brother figured out it would be about 8 seconds each transaction in order to do 10,000. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .... seconds....No way in HELL! The computer DOESN'T go that fast! You have to look up each account in a database and it takes forever! Also, the computers CRASHED 3 times yesterday...that doesn't count how many times our computer screen FREEZES when we are in between screens. This is hell. I can't wait to get a full-time job so I can get out of this place.

Side note...I am happy to be working and having money coming in. So don't think I am ungrateful. I just can't understand the environment and everyone is so UNHAPPY! You think??

1 comment:

Judy in Indiana said...

Okay, no lunch with you on Friday as you have other things to do. I am glad you may not have to be at this place too long.

Did you ahve to sneak off to the bathroom to have a private minute to call me?