Thursday, July 05, 2007

Is this Monday?

Well both bosses are in today so it is such a treat for me. On Tuesday, boss 2 came in (like every day) and said, "Well, the gang is all here!" I, had to open my big, fat mouth and said, "The gang is ALWAYS here!" Why is this bad? Because boss 1 and boss 2 are actually the OUTSIDE salemen of this company!! Neither of them can do much sales when they are sitting at their desk! I don't have a problem with boss 1....normally, he is out trying. Boss 2, I am keeping track of the days he is in. I believe it is going to be quite interesting. I will keep you informed!!!

Hope everyone had a safe 4th! I was up until midnight because we had 4 set of neighbors all around us setting off fireworks until then. Some of our other neighbors were very upset...not only could they not sleep, they said they were afraid to even try to go to sleep because they were afraid their houses would catch fire. I don't understand why people think they can let off those big fireworks in a neighborhood. Especially since last week, right down the road, there was a fire from fireworks and the family lost EVERYTHING! The neighbors to right turned their sprinklers on just in case a flame fell into their yard or got on their fence. I watched for a minute or 2 outside but my heart started fluttering when the flames were right over my head. I had to go back inside. SCAREY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had neighbors a block away who set off fireworks a lot. Neighbors behind them called the police, but the dad would go hide or just sit quietly when the police would drive by to check on things. One option is to call the police (using the non emergency/dispatch line) and tell the police to just drive to the area and sit in their car and watch who was doing what. The police will not tell who called them if you ask them not to tell.

Freda left with my mom and I took the kids to 2 libraries for their summer reading program prizes and to the post office and to Boston market. You know, I eat lots of turkey there but never have the gravy. I recently decided to see how few calories I could live on each day. It would be better for the environment and all of us if we ate less meat, since meat processing makes more greenhouse gasses and we should enjoy food in the most natural state we can. that said, i don't care much for most raw veggies, so maybe this isn't the best plan for me.

Oh yeah, back to gravy. I never eat gravy at Boston Market. Angelina Jolie from the looks of her does not eat gravy ever. She has four kids. I ate a lot of gravy today! Maybe there's a connection, maybe I am just crazy. Anyhow, cutting down on calories and eating healthier didn't work so well for me today!

I came home and took a nap and took some excedrin for my headache. Hmmmm...excedrin keeps me awake and I wanted to sleep. I had a little nap and now my headache is gone, too. Noah went to a neighbor's and the kids are not fighting because one is not here. So far, so good.