Monday, July 09, 2007

Gifts for the grads

I heard on the radio today that the most requested gift for a graduate in Europe is plastic surgery. One of the girls said it was the best gift because you can pick out what you want (or size) and it will last a life time. The number one gift in America is money. I guess American’s don’t want to seem as vein so they ask for money and then spend it on plastic surgery. When I graduated, money was just becoming a popular thing to give. If I had a do over, I don’t know what I would ask for. The money was a good thing but it spent so quickly. I always loose jewelry so that wouldn’t have been too good. I wouldn’t have chosen plastic surgery, even if it were an option back then. That have would be too scary for me. I do have some things missing from my life but other than God, I suppose no one could have given those gifts to me.

What would you want for your graduation gift if you got to choose?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would need enough Stampin UP gift certificates to become a demonstrator with a nice start up kit. Then I culd build my empire and work my way through college at the same time.

I remember getting a Cross pen and pencil set and also a small swiss army pocketknife. I have lost both.

The Gamin said...

Easy. As a young boy of that age I would have to go for a car. Hey, it would never have happened but, you asked.