Monday, February 05, 2007

Sunday

My girl Maggie was so very cute yesterday! She asked me several times if the game was on yet. She wanted to watch the Colts play. This would be her very first game she had ever seen. Knowing she didn’t have a clue, it was very cute to see her want to watch the game.

“Have the Colts played yet Auntie?”

“No, not yet, they don’t play until 6:30.”

“It is past 6:30 yet?”

“Not yet, but I will let you know.”

When the game started, she sat on the coffee table in front of the big screen. In her right hand she had her Colts puppet on. (Picture below) I just wanted to cry when I couldn’t find my memory stick for my camera. That would have been such a cute picture!

Maggie watched, I would say, a good hour of the game. At one point, she asked to “pause” the game so she could get up to get something and that really made me laugh. She isn’t used to watching T.V. We normally watch things off the myth box (like a TiVo) or we watch a movie. Then she grew tired and wanted to play a game with us. I played waitress and customer with her so that I could continue to watch but play with her at the same time.

How do you play waitress and customer? Well, she is the waitress and comes to me and I tell her what I would like to eat and/or drink. She then goes to her play kitchen and stove and makes what I asked. I am not allowed to call her anything but the word “waitress”. I am not saying being a waitress is a bad thing, I just hope for her she doesn’t end up one for real. That is a very hard job!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of a myth box...but it's good to know they are out there. we have tivo through out satelite comapny but aren't really happy with our sat service and our deal, so we will need to move on to something else when they eventually come and take my tivo away.