Saturday, February 03, 2007

Life getting in the way

My mother told me this week that I needed to update my blog. I have been so busy that I just haven't had the chance but looking back I wonder what it was, which kept me from writing. I can only assume it is life getting in the way.

I have started a new chapter in the sales training class I am taking. It is all about journaling. The teacher wants us to journal first thing in the morning. Heck, I have trouble finding the shower in the morning before work let alone getting up and physically put pencil to paper so instead I find myself writing at odd times. For example I wrote about 4 pages the other day waiting in the lobby of my doctors office. I wrote about my fears of having to see a new doctor and the dreaded question if I would have to have a scope on my neck. (Yes to the last question.) It was good to write but now I admit I haven't written a single word since then. It has been a couple days. This isn't a good thing. I promised to give my all to this class yet I haven't followed even the basic rule, which is to journal every day. I am reminded every day by my conscious but yet I say to myself, "I will do it in a little while", which in my mind is a cop out. In a little while becomes days. I must ask myself why I keep doing it and then buck up and write. I just promised myself I would do write today but "in a little while".

I started on making a Christmas gift (2007) the other day for my friend Fraubyers. I am about to take scissors to it and rip it into shreds. I keep messing it up, over and over. It is frustrating and I want to understand why I can't get it right. Getting it right doesn't mean I don't think it looks good, it is a pattern so getting it right means getting the pattern correct. Nothing more on this subject! I don't want to give the surprise away.

Well that is it for now. I must take my journal and write in it now. In a little while has come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, I miss when you don't write. I am glad you liked the soup and I really enjoyed having lunch with "the girls" Thursday. Thank you for letting me butt in.
Nana