Sunday, November 20, 2005

Block Carving

I finished my first (well technically second) block carving today. This doesn't really count last week either...Although I guess it should. So three carvings I have done. Anyway, I only rammed the sharp cutting tool in my skin once so I thought it was a pretty good go. The first time I block carved was in jr high school...7th grade I think...I really enjoyed carving (the block, not my finger). I think I will post a picture of my design in a few days. I need to get some white paint or different type of paper first. I am pretty uptight about my work, any creative thing I do I get uptight about. Silly. But that is who I am.

Hum, what else did I do today? Well, I did a load of laundry and took a shower. That was about it. It was a great day for a little R and R. The family went north to have a family get together and although I was invited, and appreciated the invitation, I thought I would enjoy the day to myself.

I have high hopes for myself next week! I plan to attack my closet. I need to hang up clothes and tidy my room. I need to throw out my old clothes, which I will never wear so I can have room for the ones I do wear. It is a small closet and space is not infinti and beyond. It is tight quarters in my little room but I love it. It is my room and my little part of heaven.

I hope to have a great week. I only have to work 3 days and 2 of those days I am leaving at 4 pm. On Monday I have my meeting with my coach and on Tuesday I have a facial scheduled. Not a pampering facial. The kind where the top layer of your skin is scrapped off. Kinda like a bandaid coming off a wound when you where little and there was hair underneath stuck to the gooey part. Ouch!

No comments: