Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday at school

Today I learned a child in Maggie's class said something hateful about her in front of her class. It was a child, who is always in trouble at school. He is also a boy who has his own special ed teacher to help him....however his words still stung.

He was on the same gym team as Maggie and apparently they didn't win the game. He announced it was her fault because she was little and the she had small legs...maybe even something about not being able to run. The boy was sent to the principals office but neverless, the deed was done and what was said was said. I know I can't protect her all the time. I know kids are kids. I know this was the first of many but it hurt my heart neverless.

I want to knock the crap out of this little boy. I know I am going to have to really think about my reaction and really let this go. I just get so crazy when people aren't nice to her. She has already been through a lot and it really makes me mad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it always hurts you when anyone says mean things about the ones you love. I can remember many times when this similar thing happened to Maggie's daddy at grade school. You want to go and smack the s... out of someone. The sad thing about this is that the child who says and does the hateful things has heard it from his peers (probably parents) so he is to be pitied. We just have to continue to build her esteem up. She has so many good qualities that we have to keep praising her and teach her that there is good in everyone.
Nana

Judy in Indiana said...

If you find out where the little bas**** lives I will go over and let the air out of his bicycle tires.