Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Wrong Butt Being Kissed


The cleaning crew in my building is now bowing to me. (LITTERALLY BOWING!) I had a Korean person I knew ask me if my building would be interested in quoting out its cleaning? I asked the building manager and he said yes, so I go the 2 parties hooked up. This crew got the job. Now after a few weeks of cleaning, people who work in my building are complaining about the job they are doing. There is a communication problem with the Korean workers and the military (my building is 98% US government military personal). I have also spoken to the building manager regarding our bathrooms being a mess and he has told me he had left word for the crew but nothing got resolved. Last Friday, the owner of my company saw one of the cleaning crew managers and told him we had issues...And that I would have a talk with him next week. WHY ME? Do I NOT HAVE ENOUGH issues to deal with?? I told the owner of my company that it is not my responsibility to have to deal with the cleaning people. I am NOT in charge of the building...Why do I have to speak with them?? He didn't see it this way...So,today I had one of the Korean owners come in and asked me not to be mad at him and he bowed. I was like "what?" I am not mad at anyone. Then I had the manager of the cleaning crew (Korean also) come in and bow at me. Okay, now I have to say, I like men bowing at my feet... but not for this reason....NEXT, I have a Korean woman call me and on and on she went how sorry and how thankful...I wanted to say, "You are kissing the wrong butt here!" Guess what, the cleaning crew actually came in and wouldn't look at me. Normally, they wave and say hello. Nothing today. So it is one extreme to the next. Bowing or Ignoring...Somedays you just can't win.

1 comment:

cmhl said...

hahahah!!!!! you are now the official cleaning crew contact!!!